My photo
lead singer-ColdInBerlin

Thursday 5 November 2009

wordssssss


Recently I have been re-reading Intercourse, a book by Andrea Dworkin. It has been a wonderful re-visit to all kinds of ieas I had when I was younger but had more recently I seemed to forget what life was like.

I had built a soft bubble around me- i was able to ignore the rest of the world, the horrible truths that Intercourse talks about.

I was able to ignore pretty much everything.

It is wonderful to know that there are people who know the awful realities and are getting by. I am lucky to have a group of lovely friends around me, a lovely boyfriend- who is happy to talk and learn new things, and a band loud enough to support me as I scream and sing my frustration out.

This week I am totally addicted to The Dedalus Book of Russian Decadence.

It is so great, I cannot put it down. It has short stories and poems from the late 1800's along the themes of perversity, decadence and death. You can imagine it as the fore runner to something like The Consumer- no where near as dark but it has that kind of eerie tone, like death is always coming closer, the darkness is always chasing you. So although you never get the kind of awful outcomes as in Gira's work you do get the hollow wringing out, the deathly inevitibility of life. However saying that, the poems haven't moved me in slightest.
BAND STUFF:

We played a gig on Tuesday night at 93ft East on Bricklane it was for the Black Poets single launch. It was a good gig although my voice was a little tired. We have met a lovely photographer- you can see his pictures from the night here: www.sinisterpictures.co.uk

We are headlining 93ft East on the 12th of November for ForwardSlash. It should be really fun, we are playing around with the set order and adding a few different songs to make sure we don't get bored. I am sure it does us good to keep changin gthings around a bit. There are lots of exciting meetings taking place about the album and that means we have to be tight, so the more we play, the better. The second single is out at the end of November and will be available from iTunes- it feels a little unreal, we are so lucky to have some people around us who believe in us. I just keep moving forward day by day. Halloween was also fab. We played at the Victoria in mile end. I will upload some pics in a bit.

No comments: